Well, just how do you stop yourself From snoring?
We are going to talk about some useful tips that you can use to help stop yourself from snoring. But before we begin, it is important for you to know that snoring can be more serious than the jokes that people make, so you may need to consult a doctor or a medical practitioner to find out the real cause of the problem if the tips below do not help. Before you begin searching for an answer to your problem, let's look at what snoring is and how it happens.
Snoring is anything from low vibrating noise to a harsh rattling sound that happens when you are asleep with your mouth open. The incoming air vibrates the relaxed tissues in your throat as you breathe, treating them like a musical instrument. Though of course, the sound is usually anything but musical. Almost everyone snores occasionally, especially if you have a cold or sinus problem but with some people, snoring is a chronic problem. When your throat tissues are relaxed they reduce the amount of space available in your mouth and throat. This means air cannot flow freely when you are breathing and so the tissues rattle as they move to let air through.
The more serious problems can happen when you stop breathing momentarily until the air can force its way through. This is called sleep apnea and often, the person is silent for a few seconds, then starts breathing again with a tremendous snore. This may not wake the snorer up, though it is very likely to wake any sleeping partner. Meanwhile, the snorer will not get really restful sleep and may feel permanently tired. This is so even though neither will remember waking or snoring during the night. This article is about snoring and tips to stop or reduce it. If you think you may have sleep apnea, you should consult a doctor.
Ways To Stop Snoring
1. The first thing you should do if you want to know how to stop snoring is to make a real attempt to quit smoking. There are several studies that show that smokers have much higher chances of getting a problem with snoring. If you smoke, quit as quickly as possible and see if it helps.
2. Once you have quit smoking, try to avoid taking sleeping pills. These can relax your mouth and throat tissues, which can lead to snoring.
3. Losing weight can also reduce the chances of snoring. If you are overweight, you might be putting extra pressure on your throat and this can cause you to snore easily. If you are overweight, you should know that losing weight now will help to prevent you from snoring in the future. When you are overweight, you may have less toned muscles in the air passages near your throat. This can make you snore when you sleep. To remedy this, you should begin to eat healthier foods that will help you lose weight. Avoid eating fried foods and other foods that are unhealthy for you.
4. Try to eliminate excess alcohol consumption. You might think this is obvious but it's true. You don't want to drink too much alcohol just before bed. Alcohol loosens your muscles and causes them to relax while you sleep and this can lead to snoring.
5. If you want to stop snoring, you should not sleep on your back. There is a sleeping position to avoid snoring. Try sleeping on your side. Many people who snore do so because they sleep on their back. Not only does this contribute to your snoring, but it can also actually worsen your condition. It is best to sleep on your side so that gravity will help keep your tongue from falling backwards and blocking the air passage. When sleeping on your back, with your tongue back, it will also be harder for the air to pass through, which will cause your throat to vibrate as it tries to move the tongue forward. As you grow older, the throat muscles become weaker and more relaxed, so this can lead to snoring. There are a few tricks you can use to stop you from sleeping on your back, including sewing a table tennis ball in the back of your nightwear to discourage you from sleeping on your back.
6. Another tip is to use a jaw supporter. This is a device that wraps around your chin and the top of your head to keep your mouth closed, rather than letting it fall open when you are asleep. By using this device, the tongue is kept from falling backwards and blocking the airway.
7. Learn to control your breathing before you go to sleep. You can get exercises to do that will help tone your throat and mouth muscles and doing these regularly may help.
8. Another useful tip that you can use in answering the question ‘how do you stop yourself from snoring?' is to use nasal strips or sprays. Nasal sprays are designed to open up your nasal passages so that you can breathe easier. By doing this, you will be able to get rid of the mucus that is present in your nose or throat. Therefore, the chances of snoring are greatly reduced. Nasal strips will help to keep your nasal passages open to encourage nasal breathing.
9. if you are still unsure of what you can do to stop your snoring, you may want to look into purchasing an anti-snoring device like an oral appliance or CPAP, however, this should only be after you consult a doctor.
Gerry used to snore. He was desperate to save his marriage so found ways to control and manage it, so he could stop snoring.
There are several short-term effects of stress that most people take for granted. For example, stress can cause one's heart rate to increase, and this, in turn, can result in palpitations. Palpitations may not be present. The critical thing to remember here is that the rise in your heart rate is caused by your stress. […]
What causes high blood pressure? Well, it's hypertension, the technical term for high blood pressure, which is generally called “the silent killer.” Unfortunately, more than 80 million Americans (34%) have high blood pressure and as many as 16 million do not even realize they have the condition. High Blood Pressure Symptoms and Causes If left […]
Stand by for our article on Treatments For Sleep Apnea. Sleep apnea is described as a sleep disorder where breathing repeatedly begins and stops during sleep. If you feel very tired after a long night's sleep and snore very loudly, you may have sleep apnea. Central sleep apnea, which happens when your brain does not […]
Burn fat fast with these Top 3 Foods for fast weight loss. Our tips stress the value of good nutrition. Increasing your intake of good fats, protein and fibre is one of the best ways to increase your metabolic rate and burn more fat. If you're looking for ways to burn fat, read this article […]